Eternal Fury
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACCEPTED - Mandee - Rerolling Shaman

2 posters

Go down

ACCEPTED - Mandee - Rerolling Shaman Empty ACCEPTED - Mandee - Rerolling Shaman

Post  Mandee Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:13 am

(I) MY PERSONAL INFORMATION

1. Introduce yourself, make sure to include information such as your name, age, gender, place of residence, your current occupation and interests. My name is Amanda Wolff, I'm an 22 year old half Finnish half German girl. I live here in Helsinki / Finland where I currently study military history at the University of Helsinki. When I'm not at school, I'm either meeting friends or involving myself in Music, Gigs, Clubbing, Gaming. Etc.
Aside from Finnish I speak Swedish, Estonian, Russian and English.

2. Your computer specs (CPU, video card, memory)?:
i7 920 CPU, 5770 saphire vaporx video card, 6gb memory
My connection is stable. Disconnects / Crashes are very unlikely / I'm at around 40-50 fps in crowded major cities.

3. Working microphone and use of Ventrilo are required, do you own one and how often do you use it in raids? If you don't have one are you able to get one soon? I'm always happy to log onto ventrilo, be it for raid use or outside of it.
In my opinion this is an alternative for guildchat in normal use, and a good way of members to communicate.

4. How would you describe your expected attendance having in mind our raid times, does it conflict with your real life and how? Do you often go AFK and make breaks during raid? Can you raid for 4 hours straight? This shouldn't be a problem. I only take breaks when they are announced by the raid leader. I always strive to minimalize my time AFK in a raid.

5. Describe your personality, do you often get mad, demotivated. Do you give up in front of problems or do you try to solve them. Are you aiming high or setting with present situation? Are you social person? I rarely get mad. - If I do I most likely will keep it to myself.
I do not allow myself to get involved in drama and such. Therefore I keep myself away from heated up /Trade /General /Guild or Vent discussions. - I know when to keep my mouth shut.

I have a crazy sense of humor, and I expect people who know me not to take my jokes too serious.
There's nothing I love as much as having a great laugh.

6. When you go out on a date or to meet some friends do you arrive first or you're counting on them to wait for you? How do you feel about waiting for someone and how much you value your own time and that of others? I always try to be on time, if I do not make it I will have a good reason for it.

7. Have you read part's ❶ and ❷ of this application template, what do you think about stuff outlined there?
Very understandable, coming from an experienced guild leader who wants to keep control. I'm sure to meet all of your requirements.
I always come well prepared and try to preform at the very best of my abilities.

(II) MY CHARACTER AND GAMING EXPERIENCE

1. Introduce your game character, why did you pick that class, how did you get into WoW?
I've played a horde shaman since 2006. At the time that class seemed like the right for me, still does. I'm now loving it more than ever.
I know my class inside out having played it for a long time, and I love everything it has to offer.

I had gear for every role on my earlier shaman melee, ranged & healing. This is what I'm planning on now as well. Beeing able to do everything with my class is the best wow experience for me personally. I will choose a main spec, of course, but I will surely gather offsets. I try to be as versatile as possible, with the ability to take another role in the middle of a raid if that is needed.

2. Why did you pick your current spec?
I'm looking to reroll, meaning I've not yet decided on a spec just yet.
But when it comes to choosing my 85 spec I'm open for suggestions.
I'd be happy to listen to what the guild has to say about this, And I will always consider the guilds needs.

Example of some skill:

Rorations / Prios for each spec:

Enhancement:
Feral spirit (Prio. on boss fights) - LS (If not active.)
SS, LL, FS (if dot isn't up), LB (MW: 5), ES (Occasionally). - Searing totem.
Windfury on main hand - Flametongue on off hand

Restoration:
Priority as follows: Healing Surge, Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave,
Chain Heal. Earth Shield is to be maintained on the tank.
Earthliving on weapon.

Elemental:
Elemental Mastery should be used whenever possible. - WS (if not active).
- FS, LB, Searing Totem, ES, LB, CL (occasionally).
Flametongue on weapon.

3. What professions will you choose, why did you pick those?
JC / Mining is a possibility. I haven't decided on this either yet.

4. Describe your previous experiences in WoW, what have you achieved so far with what guilds on what realms? Make sure to include reasons for leaving/getting kicked and/or migrating. The only guild I have been in during my wow time 2006-2010 is <Quartz> of Azjol-Nerub EU. I originally joined as my older brother is one of the founding members. My shaman still is in there, but I'm not planning to go back.

My raiding experience Isn't the most exciting, I've never been able
to commit to full raiding due to work. This is different now though as I no
longer work the same hours as I did before. Despite my lack of raid experience,
I'm quick adapting and fast learning things. As for my raiding, I do take it seriously.
I come well prepared and I always strive to preform at the best of my abilities as a part of my raid team.

5. Do you have any geared alts that might contribute to the guild progress and how are you comfortable playing them at high level?
Mandee/Synee (Depending on which name isn't taken) is going to be my first alliance character, and the first character on my very own account.

6. Include a link to a screen shot of your UI while raiding make sure key binds are visible or explain them below the screen shot.
None available at this moment. I can't provide you with a screenshot since the account with my orc shaman has been frozen for over two months (no one has payed a subscription for it). My brother is currently taking a break from the game, and I myself am playing on my own account. The armory displays an error page on my orc shaman due to the account beeing frozen.

7. What's the reason behind your choice to reroll?
I used to share account with my older brother, and earlier this year I took a break.
I'm now after returing with my own account to start fresh as alliance.

8. What can you provide to the guild as a player, why would we be interested in having you in our team?
I come with a unique personality, mature attitude, socialness, and most importantly: A crazy sense of humor.
I always love to have a laugh, be it over guild chat or vent. I'm sure to bring something fun into the guild.

9. Describe how do you get relevant information about game and your class, how do you prepare for raids? Do you experiment with different glyphs and talents or you rely on other people and websites?
Firstly I think for myself, and try out different possibilities. If I don't get the result I'm looking to get, I end up comparing various sources on the net. Having done that, I then make my final desicion on that basis.

10. Do you plan run same spec for every encounter or do you work on optimizing it for specific conditions when possible?
I'm always willing to learn, and improve in every way I can.

(III) TESTS AND TRICK QUESTIONS
1. Letter "F" appears how many times in the sentence "Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of many years."? 6 times.

2. Some months have 30 days and some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
All of them.

3. If a doctor gives you three pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
1 hour.

4. I went to bed at eight 8 o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine 9 o'clock in the morning. How many hours of sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm? 1 hour. As I doubt old wound up alarm clocks tell the difference of AM and PM.

5. Divide 30 by half and then add ten. What do you get?

6. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left now?

7. If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first? The match.

8. A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear? White - A polar bear. His house is on the North Pole, that's the only way all sides would face south.

9. Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have now?

10. How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?
None.

11. If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Orgrimmar and stopped at Razor Hill to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Crossroads to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Thunder Bluff 20 hours later. What's the name of the driver? My brain hurts. And my ass hurts.

13. How many questions are there in this application?

I'm willing to fill an officer spot if that is something you need. I have no previous WoW-officer experience, but I do know the basics in leading groups of people maintaining control while treating everyone equally. I'm sure it wouldn't take me too long to learn.

Now I have one question for you: Why Sylvanas EU? The population seems to go between HIGH / FULL. according to my game client. I don't see that as a particularly good thing.

I added you on msn as well. If you want to ask anything you can talk to me there.
E-mail: Amanda.Wolff@hotmail.fi

Looking forward to hearing from you.

-Mandee

Mandee

Back to top Go down

ACCEPTED - Mandee - Rerolling Shaman Empty Re: ACCEPTED - Mandee - Rerolling Shaman

Post  Gryml Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:07 am

Hey, Amanda!

Your application looks decent, seeing as this is a reroll guild I cant expect too much from those that apply.
However I am in need of an officer to help me with the guild if/when Im not around but for that to be successful I need to know a littlebit more about your raiding experience because you didn't write specificly which bosses and instances you had done, basicly because an officer need to know his/her things about current and future mechanics and be able to teach others in a good and understanding way. And if you are up for the challenge as a officer I will keep you on a trial period and see how you do.

Other than that it looks ok, you speak and hopefully understand swedish which is a good thing since Im swedish myself.

As for your question about the realm, we can take that on MSN. But you are accepted either way as trial for Officer spot or Member spot.

/Gryml

Gryml
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalfury.swedishforum.se

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum